December 23, 2013
The family, built on a strong foundation of the union of one man and one woman, is the foundation of civil society. Since 1989, Liberty Counsel has sought to advance family values. In 2013, as in past years, we continued to diligently promote and protect natural marriage and families.
During this year, we filed federal lawsuits challenging laws in California and New Jersey that prevent minors from receiving Christian counseling to overcome unwanted same-sex attractions or behavior.
We continued to defend a Massachusetts pastor who faces charges from the radical group, Sexual Minorities of Uganda (SMUG), for allegedly violating international law while visiting Uganda, simply because he spoke Biblical truth about same-sex activity.
Liberty Counsel filed two briefs with the U.S. Supreme Court on cases dealing with the definition of marriage.
Working strategically with other diverse groups, we gathered support for marriage from a variety of Protestant, Catholic, and Orthodox clergy and leaders, who signed a statement to defend marriage and the family (See MarriageSolidarity.com
Read more about how Liberty Counsel strategically fights for the family in this free Year-End Report
Liberty Counsel is also strategic in the use of our resources. For the past two years, our nondonor funding (which includes court-awarded attorney’s fees received from our opposition) has covered 100% of our fundraising and administrative costs, leaving every penny we receive from generous donors like you to fund our vital litigation and education projects!
There is never a better time to give, because a generous donor has given $500,000 of “matching money” that will double your gift! Turn $10,000 into $20,000; $5,000 into $10,000; $250 into $500; or $5 into $10 – any amount will help advance family values.
Here is how you can help today:
- Send a check postmarked by December 31 to Liberty Counsel, PO Box 540774, Orlando, FL 32854;
- Call in your credit card donation to 800-671-1776, between 8:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time, or leave your name and number after hours and someone will call for your donation;
- Log in to your PayPal account and designate Liberty@LC.org as the email address to receive your payment;
- Donate a vehicle (car, truck, RV or boat) by calling 1-877-CHARITY (http://www.1-877-charity.org) and designate Liberty Counsel (federal tax ID number 59-2986294) to receive the sale proceeds;
- Make a gift of stock or property and deduct the fair market value. Call 800-671-1776 and we will assist you;
Family is vital . . . so will you prayerfully consider giving your best possible year-end gift? For more information, go to LC.org. Liberty Counsel is recognized by the IRS as a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization.